Updated 23 May, 2019
- Pray that the Gospel may speed ahead and be honoured among our Maweroro friends, and the whole nDo language group (2 Thes 3:1-2)
- Please pray for our language and culture acquisition. Please pray that the Lord may help us to be diligent, patient and joyful students, and for our teacher too to be patient, skilful and faithful teachers. Please also pray for wisdom as we daily interact with the people – that we may know how to best become like them (1 Cor 9:19-23) while having our conduct governed by the law of Christ.
- We are planning to start with literacy in our village in August! Cassidy will be the main teacher, I’ll be the assistant and the one who would draw the smiley faces on their homework, hehe. Elna will be having all four the kids with her everyday for class. Specifically, we need our friends in the village to provide us with some or other structure (a building or just a roof) that we can use for literacy class. We are also praying that the Lord may put in them a desire to learn and a heart of perseverance, so that they’d be able to read God’s precious Word for themselves!
- And so, as the literacy is starting to come into place, so is Bible translation! Zach started to translate the book of Jonah in these last 3 weeks and will continue to translate and prepare Bible lessons. Please pray for him as he prepares that, and for Ryan as he helps him make translation decisions.
- Please pray that in all regards we may live godly lives. 1 Peter 2:12 – “Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.” One of the main ways for us to do that, is for us as a team love one another well. (John 13:35)
- Please pray that we may persevere well in our work here (2 Thes 2:16-17, 1 Cor 15:58)
Thank the Lord
- Our co-workers, the Canns, just finished their formal language learning with their teachers – it is so very exciting. Praise the Lord for His sustaining and empowering and encouraging them these last 3 years, for the sake of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Praise the Lord that He sustains us so faithfully. Psalm 68:19 – “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.”
- Praise the Lord for the hunger he has been creating in the hearts of some individuals to hear God’s Word. It is a joy we we interact with people and they are looking forward to the day that we start teaching.
- Praise the Lord for the visitors that we’ve been able to have, and 2 or more that we are still anticipating in the village. The Lord has used the visit of the Canns pastor and his wife in April to refresh our hearts, and we trust that the future visits this year will be as sweet a gift from the Lord.
- That the Lord has been answering the prayer requests mentioned, with building relationships, language and culture learning, Bible translation starting and literacy, loving one another as a team and perseverance in all those things. They remain ongoing requests as the work is not finished, and yet we praise the Lord for the grace He has given us in each of those categories up to this point. He alone grants that success.