- Pray that the Gospel may speed ahead and be honoured among our Maweroro friends, and the whole nDo language group (2 Thes 3:1-2)
- Please pray for our CLA (Culture and Language Acquisition) Please pray that the Lord may make our minds like sponges, readily seeping in the nDo language. Pray that we may be diligent, patient and joyful students, and for our teacher too, that they’d be patient, skilful and faithful teachers. Visit my blog on culture and language learning to get a taste of our nDo language and of the work learning a foreign culture.
- Literacy classes started in October, 2019. The first round of 15 student will be finished with literacy classes at the end of January, 2020. Pray that the people may learn to read and write well, and that we will be skilful teachers and helpers – all for the purpose of them reading God’s precious Word for themselves someday.
- Bible translation! Zach is working hard a diligently at translation. Please pray for him, and for Ryan too as he helps him make translation decisions.
- Please pray that in all regards we may live godly lives. 1 Peter 2:12 – “Keep your conduct among the Gentiles honorable, so that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day of visitation.” One of the main ways for us to do that, is for us as a team love one another well. (John 13:35)
- Please pray that we may persevere well in our work here (2 Thes 2:16-17, 1 Cor 15:58)
- For more labourers in his harvest. Please pray for our area in the Finisterre Mountains too – this area is in desperate need of such laborers. Matt 9:37-38 – “Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful, but the labourers are few; therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out labourers into his harvest.”
Thank the Lord
- Praise the Lord that He sustains us so faithfully. Psalm 68:19 – “Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; God is our salvation.”
- Praise the Lord for how He sustains us bodily too. He has been, and will provide for every need of ours – and for such faithfulness He ought to be magnified!
- Praise the Lord for the hunger he has been creating in the hearts of some individuals to hear God’s Word. It is a joy we we interact with people and they are looking forward to the day that we start teaching.
- That there is great cause for joy in the language already acquired and the relationships already built. God is answering your prayers for me. Bible translation and literacy is going so well too – and we are grateful for all the success and progress God is giving.